Experienced Childcare Director with proven leadership ability required!
ASAP Start Date
Roebourne, Western Australia
On offer to you: Childcare Director/ Centre Manager
- Package: $74,232.99, plus super, plus $2 per hour additional allowance – We can discuss
- Housing allowance, subsidised childcare, and relocation allowance is on offer – lets discuss further
- On going training and development
- Opportunity for you to lead and manage a successful, supportive and friendly team
- Up to 6 week paid annual leave
About you: Childcare Director/ Centre Manager
Are you a leader with experience in directing and leading a Childcare Centre and are looking for a new challenge? Look no further… One Tree Community Services has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team at our Gurlu Gurlu Maya Children Centre, Roebourne, 40km from Karratha, WA.
About Gurlu Gurlu Maya Children’s Service: Roebourne, WA
The Gurlu Gurlu Maya Children’s Service works closely with the local community in Roebourne, providing a range of services, catering for children 0-5 years of age. We believe that the environment is the ‘third teacher’ and this is integral in guiding children and families to make sustainable and ethical decisions.
One Tree Community Services Inc. is a not for profit organisation that supports community services and childcare centres throughout Australia.
About Roebourne/ Karratha, WA:
Roebourne is a community located in the Pilbara region of Western Australia, also known as the ‘Powerhouse of the Pilbara’. Currently, Roebourne’s population is 950 and growing. The area is home to the Ngarluma people, but many Yindjibarndi and Banyjima people previously from outlying stations also live in the town. Roebourne is 40km from the mining town of Karratha. which is a large town and is the main administration Centre for many business and government departments in the Pilbara region. It offers large shopping centres, supermarkets, specialty and boutique stores. There are plenty of sporting clubs and associations to join as well. Karratha offers great fishing, snorkelling and diving with plenty of beautiful beaches to enjoy.
About the role: Childcare Director/ Centre Manager
- Managing & overseeing continuous improvement and positioning the service to get the best possible outcomes including rating as exceeding the National Quality Standards in Australia.
- Leading people and manage human resources effectively and efficiently.
- Partnerships: Working with families, staff and the community to support an integrated service.
- Keeping the service on budget.
- Supporting the development of staff including workplace training and assessment of trainees.
- Managing risks within the service, ensuring compliance and all legislative and regulatory requirements are met. Ensuring the service adheres to organisational policies and procedures.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to staff in best practice working with children and be an advocate for children. In smaller services directors will be required to work with children directly as a part of the roster.
Successful applicants must have: Childcare Director/ Centre Manager
- Early Childhood Teaching Qualification (as recognised by the Education and Care Services National Regulations 2012) OR Diploma in Children’s Services
- Demonstrated experience at management level in early education and care
- History of building successful relationships with staff, families and community.
- History of achieving excellence at management level in an early education and care setting
- Valid Working with Children Check (or the ability to obtain)
- If you require sponsorship you will need to have a minimum of 5 years experience at Director level, coupled with a visa that holds full working rights.
One Tree Community Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace and Indigenous applicants are encouraged to apply. (No agency referrals please).
Applications will be assessed as they come in as we are looking to fill this position ASAP. To be considered for this position you will need to submit a cover letter outlining your suitability for the position along with an up to date resume. No agency referrals please.