Benefits: Childcare Educator – Cert III
- From $23.04 per hour plus $2 additional Allowance
- Training opportunities
- Join a fund, friendly and supportive with ongoing training and development
One Tree Community Services is currently on the lookout for a Cert III or (working towards) Educator to join our Gurlu Gurlu Maya Children’s Services in Roebourne, WA.
Our Gurlu Gurlu Maya Children’s service is influenced by the Reggio Emilia approach whereby a child is not someone who needs to be filled with knowledge but someone who can learn through interacting and experiencing the world. We follow the principle that children have the right to be listened to, respected, loved and valued.
One Tree Community Services Inc. is a not for profit organisation that supports community services and childcare centres throughout Australia, with a focus on regional and remote areas.
About Roebourne, WA:
The Gurlu Gurlu Maya Children Service works closely with the local community in Roebourne, providing a range of services, catering for children 0-5 years of age. Roebourne is a community located in the Pilbara region of Western Australia, also known as the ‘Powerhouse of the Pilbara’. It is 40km from the mining town of Karratha.
Childcare Educator – Position requirements:
- To work under the supervision of a Qualified Educator to provide educational experiences and care for children.
- To communicate effectively with children and families.
- To adhere to the services policies and procedures and work in accordance with all relevant regulations and the National Quality Framework.
- To assist in ensuring a safe and hygienic environment for children and staff.
- To reflect upon and improve your practice ensuring you are gaining knowledge and skills that will assist in providing quality services to children and families.
- To work as a part of a team, supporting and contributing to One Tree as a community in line with One Trees Philosophy and Code of Ethics.
Selection Criteria: Childcare Educator
- Certificate III in Early Education and Care (or working towards)
- Solid understanding of Early Years Learning Framework
- Sound communication skills, written and verbal
- Valid Working with Children Card – (or ability to obtain)
One Tree Community Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace, Indigenous applicants are encouraged to apply.