We are looking for a Environnment Artist (f/m/d) who will be responsible for creating exceptional high quality game environments.
This is a full-time position based in Düsseldorf, Germany which requires working onsite.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the games industry
- At least one shipped commercial AAA title
- A keen eye for composition, proportion and sense of scale
- Strong ability to tell stories through level art and propping scenes
- Skilled in creating mood and atmosphere for game environments (lighting, composition etc.)
- Solid understanding of industry standard 3D modelling packages as well as texture & material creation workflows
- Ability to optimize the game world to meet performance requirements
- Being used to work on tasks autonomously and to deliver results in time
- Be forward thinking and anticipate the needs of your project with a high degree of self-motivation and initiative
- Ability to accept feedback and adapt to change
- Great communication skills and a positive attitude
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
- Very good modeling and digital sculpting skills are a plus (Maya, 3DSMax, Zbrush, Mudbox)
- Knowledge of Substance Designer / Painter is a plus
- Experience with outsourcing is a plus
- Creation of high quality assets and scenes
- Close collaboration with the Art team and the Level Design team to develop an exceptional player experience
- Asset briefing, prototyping and final propping of in-game scenes with a focus on mood and environmental storytelling
- Cooperation with other Ubisoft teams all around the world on a daily basis
- Scene management, asset integration and performance optimization
It is required that you submit a portfolio of your work with your application. You may do so by providing a link to an online portfolio (preferred), or attaching documents to your resume.
All portfolios must contain a detailed shot breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, are responsible for in your reel, portfolio, screenshots etc.
The portfolio should contain the following:
- Examples of natural and realistic environments scenes
- Examples of mood and lighting
- Examples of environmental storytelling
- Examples of style variety
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the NRW region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Lunch & Breakfast Service. Enjoy fresh discounted meals each day.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Free fresh Fruit, Coffee, Tea and Water. Enjoy fresh fruit and beverages in our office.
We offer a highly interesting challenge for a team player including the possibility to show personal initiative. If you are passionate about video games and VR and would like to work with like-minded professionals in an international team, please apply via our career portal.
The application must include your resume, portfolio, and a cover letter detailing your earliest starting date, salary expectations and motivation.
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com.
Ubisoft Blue Byte GmbH
Luise-Rainer Str. 7
Geschäftsführer: Yves Guillemot
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Düsseldorf
Amtsgericht Düsseldorf HRB Nr. 51772