Part Time role – Monday to Friday (21 hours per week)
Gurlu Gurlu Maya, Roebourne, WA
On offer to you:
- Part Time (21 hours per week) – Monday to Friday
- Fun and friendly team set in a beautiful childcare service
- Up to $23.38 per hour plus additional $2 per hour allowance
- Not for profit organisation
One Tree Community Services is currently looking for a part time Kitchen Coordinator / Cook to join our team at our Gurlu Gurlu Maya Children’s Service, Roebourne, WA. This will be on a part time basis, 21 hours per week. This role will see you create delicious, healthy, nutritious and appealing meals for the children of our childcare centre from Monday to Friday.
About Gurlu Gurlu Maya Children’s Service: Cook/ Food Coordinator:
The Gurlu Gurlu Maya Children’s Service works closely with the local community in Roebourne, WA, providing a range of services, catering for children 0-5 years of age. We believe that the environment is the ‘third teacher’ and this is integral in guiding children and families to make sustainable and ethical decisions. This childcare service is up to a 60-place service
One Tree Community Services is a not for profit organisation that supports community services and child care centres throughout Australia.
- To work in partnership with families in meeting all children’s dietary requirements
- To provide healthy and nutritious snacks and meals for children
- To maintain the environment in meeting Health Regulations
- To co-ordinate the purchasing and ordering of supplies to reflect the menu
- Experience in preparing meals for large groups of people.
- Relevant qualifications in accordance with Education and Care National Regulations (2012) – I’m Alert Food Safety Certificate/ Safe Food Handling
- Valid Working with Children Card
To be considered for this role you will need to:
- Working With Children Check (WWCC)
- Safe Food Handling Certificate – or willing to obtain
- Food Allergy Certificate – or willing to obtain
- Awareness Training Certificate – or willing to obtain
- Knowledge of safe practices working in a kitchen environment
- Prior experience in cooking for groups of people
Applications will be assessed as they come in as we are looking to fill this position ASAP. To be considered for this position you will need to submit a cover letter outlining your suitability for the position along with an up to date resume. No agency referrals please.
One Tree Community Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace, Indigenous applicants are encouraged to apply.