Turn 10 Studios, the creators of the top selling and critically acclaimed Forza franchise, has an exciting opportunity for a Lead Vehicle Artist to join our studio. This role involves a variety of responsibilities relating to vehicle pre-production and production. This role is key to setting up the art team for success by applying best practices for creating industry-leading content in the most optimized manners and maintaining quality output.
The right candidate has production experience shipping AAA titles, authoring and assimilating production specs, and excellent cross-discipline communication skills.
In addition, the right candidate will possess current and deep knowledge of the latest middleware, authoring packages and authoring techniques. Experience working with devs and/or tech artists to prototype, develop and distribute production efficiency boosting tools for large-scale distributed production.
- Work with Vehicle Art Director in ideation and prioritization of visual, feature and authoring innovations
- Prototype content for new features and proof of concept
- Work with tech teams to develop efficiency-enhancing production tools
- R&D new tools, processes and techniques to push innovation
- Maintain production and quality standards through daily tasking of onsite art QA team
- Document and disseminate authoring and QA specs and procedures to onsite team
- Work with Vehicle Production Manager to optimize procedures and specs for distributed work
BA in Media Arts, 3D Modeling or similar
5+ years of experience with hard surface modeling
Deep knowledge of current modeling practices, techniques and authoring packages
At least one published AAA title
Technical understanding of 2D/3D content and game engines
Ability to collaborate with tech artists/devs
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.