- Working closely with Art Directors, Creative Directors and Level Designers to create top notch in-game particle VFX.
- Scripting out series of VFX events to drive particle behaviors in runtime using our proprietary scripting language.
- Collaborating with prop artists, animators and rigging technical artists to assemble complex layered vehicle destructions and prop destructions using our propriety scripting language and tools.
- Building baked rigid body simulation in-game via Maya and our proprietary scripting language and particle tool to replicate structural destruction animations.
- Creating textures for particle usage.
- Populating environmental VFX in game using our propriety scripting language.
- Tackling runtime rendering performance to help maintain the game running at 60FPS.
- Resolving technical challenges when arise in order to maintain the highest visual bar.
- At least 7+ years of visual effects development
- Solid professional experience and knowledge of the limitations and performance of current generation hardware (Xbox One, PS4).
- Proficient in using Maya and Photoshop.
- Experienced in using After Effects.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with people across multiple disciplines.
- Possesses excellent aesthetic sense with strong attention to detail.
- Strong understanding of lighting, compositing, digital photography, color theory, 3D modeling and rigging.
- Strong ability in creating atlas textures through simulation.
- Experience in using and modifying real-time materials.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with 3DS Max/Maya, FumeFX, Houdini and Pull Down It is a plus.
- High-end rendering of particle effects and fluid dynamics.
- Experience with one or more scripting/programming languages.
- Experience creating and configuring geometry assets for in game particle systems.
Located in Madison, Wisconsin, RAVEN SOFTWARE offers an upscale work environment with state-of-the-art workstations, competitive compensation, generous benefits, highly-skilled teammates, affordable living, and an exceptional quality of life.