343 is looking for an experienced Level Designer that can craft and implement exciting gameplay spaces that push boundaries and engage players. Responsibilities will focus on visual design, implementation of gameplay goals, scenario building and spatial relationships. This person will work with the level design team, gameplay teams, artists, and programmers to ensure that cross discipline relationships are respected and nurtured giving the player an experience that is continually the highest quality.
- Build levels from inception through production under the guidance of the Lead Level Designer.
- Build gameplay moments such as combat encounters, narrative events, and logic puzzles.
- Author and review design documentation.
- Play test and iterate on level content to ensure highest quality.
- Partner with other level designers to maintain a positive productive working atmosphere.
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with all development functions to ensure a best-in-industry production process, player experience and team environment.
- Work closely with the art team to ensure level metrics, budgets, and visual targets are met.
- Work closely with engineers to develop and maintain level building functionality and push tool / design boundaries.
- 3+ years working as a level designer on a first person/third person shooter title
- Deep understanding of gameplay and level design theories and practices
- Proficient in using a 3D modelling package such as Maya
- Proficient in using game editing software such as Unreal, Unity, Frostbite, etc.
- Experience in using a text based scripting language (C#, LUA, UnityScript, etc.)
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- A love for narrative based games and shooters in general
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.