Lost on the Wind by Gregory Smith

Lost on the Wind by Gregory Smith

This was my submission to week 100 of the Weekly CG Challenge. This time, the subject was ‘Movie Poster’. After a lot of thought, I settled on Wreckers as a subject – these are groups which preyed on the cargoes of wrecked ships, but despite the name there is little evidence to suggest they ever deliberately lured ships aground. This meant a nicely dramatic image, but also meant that Blender was unlikely to do the job properly (I have never been able to do large bodies of water properly in 3D, especially from this sort of angle) : so I started my first digital painting. I first modelled the basic scene in Blender, however, to make painting easier.

View this on ArtStation
Gregory Smith on ArtStation

The Final image

The Final image

The models in Blender before painting

The models in Blender before painting

WIP showing the image before I started work on the foreground

WIP showing the image before I started work on the foreground

This WIP shows the main elements in place

This WIP shows the main elements in place

Additional vegetation added to the foreground

Additional vegetation added to the foreground

A close up of the Brig in the final image

A close up of the Brig in the final image

visit Gregory on Artstation

Leave a Reply

Privacy

We value your privacy

We and our partners use technology such as cookies on our site to personalise content and ads, provide social media features, and analyse our traffic. Click below to consent to the use of this technology across the web.

Skip to toolbar