Planetarium Animator. (Full time, Fixed-term for 8 months)
- Do you have experience and expertise in character animation and bringing to life creative projects?
- Do you want to work in an environment that interprets and presents engaging stories against the backdrop of the science of space and exploration?
Australia’s largest public museum organisation and Planetarium is seeking an animator. skilled in producing 3D animations and computer graphics to help develop and deliver our new 25 minute full dome production, based on Tycho – a lovable dog who digs astronomy and is about to take off on a new adventure to Mars.
The show will be presented as a mix of story-telling and documentary – a combination of 3D animations and computer graphics, and some live action footage.
ABOUT MUSEUMS VICTORIA:
Museums Victoria cares for. the State scientific and cultural collections, providing visitor. access, activities and events at five distinct venues: Melbourne Museum, Immigration Museum, Scienceworks, IMAX Cinema and world heritage listed Royal Exhibition Building.
To learn more about Museums Victoria, please visit http://museumvictoria.com.au/about/
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The primary responsibility of the position is to deliver high quality graphics, 3D character animation and computer-generated special effects for Melbourne Planetarium’s new show, completed on time and on budget.
Notable skills and experiences:
- Experience across a variety of software programs including, but not limited to, 3ds Max, V-Ray, the Adobe production suite, including After Effects.
- A good understanding of scientific modelling, lighting and other facets of 3D animation and computer graphics.
- Experience in creating character animations as required by the script and in line with project design requirements.
The successful applicant will have:
- Demonstrated expertise in character animation and the specific software and equipment unique to computer animation, with a show reel to provide examples.
- Broad experience in multimedia production with the demonstrated ability to produce innovative, creative, high quality work, such as in the museum exhibition or. multimedia realm.
- Capacity to demonstrate the ability to produce high quality animations & special effects relevant to astronomy.
Please see our Role Statement for written answers of full Key Selection Criteria required by the successful applicant.
This is a full-time; fixed term position for 8 months. The salary on offer is $68,884 per annum (Base of Grade) plus 9.5% superannuation.
HOW TO APPLY?
To view the position description visit http://museumvictoria.com.au/about/work-opportunities/employment/
For. more information about this position, please contact Elaine Mival on (03) 9392 4504.
To apply, please select ‘APPLY NOW’ below and attach the three following documents with your application:
- Your Cover letter
- Your CV
- Your written responses to the Key Selection Criteria
Applications Close: Sunday, 13 October 2019