Microsoft Studios Global Publishing is looking for passionate, game and technology industry veterans to help us drive new entertainment franchises with some of the best partners from around the globe. This is a rare opportunity to join a creatively driven team of people, develop exciting new projects, and take advantage of the newest technology available with backing and support from across Microsoft. Join the team driving AAA game development that sets the standard for entertainment across a growing family of devices including Xbox and Windows 10.
Wanted! Principle Graphics Software Engineer.
Must have a strong background in computer graphics for AAA games and leadership experience with graphics engine programming. We’re looking for someone with strong communication skills and a self-driven approach to work, capable of running a team of like-minded specialists. The ideal candidate understands first party development, enjoys collaborating with internal and external partners, and has a track record for delivering high quality software. A qualified applicant must have led graphics engine development, strong 3D math background, and experience with graphics technologies such as D3D. The candidate should also have experience with multiple lighting models, dynamic lights and lighting.
- Work in close partnership with internal and external teams of diverse and talented peers of various disciplines to create visually stunning experiences
- Participate in GPU/CPU performance reviews and provide optimization guidance
- Participate in cross-group work streams to research and develop new technology and processes.
- Collaborate closely with PMs, designers, artists, and central technology teams to prototype and/or implement new product features
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related degree, or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years professional development experience in C/C++ with an emphasis in computer graphics
- Strong understanding of computer graphics principles, techniques, and tools
- Experience with some or all of the following: GPU, DirectX, shaders, HLSL, D3D, OpenGL
- Passion for games and technology
- Hands on experience shipping multiple titles
- Strong creative problem solving and algorithm development skills
- Self-motivated and comfortable working in a fast paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience working with external partners
- Demonstrated experience with modern game engines such as Unity, Unreal, or equivalent
- Experience writing performance critical code or SIMD optimizations
Bring your experience, talent, and passion to build visually stunning AAA games that showcase the Xbox One and Windows platforms, and leverage our research and platform portfolio to supercharge your ideas.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.