Sr. Artists are responsible for setting the bar for visual and production quality while fostering a fun and productive environment for coworkers. This is an excellent opportunity to work and learn from a group of talented and proven developers who are passionate about making games.
- Craft compelling visual narratives that reinforce and enhance the game’s setting, story, and gameplay elements
- Build (set dress, edit, optimize) realistic detailed 3d environments from photo reference and concept.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with the development team.
- Quickly learn and adapt to new tools, processes, and pipelines.
- Assist in troubleshooting artistic and technical issues.
- Create 3d models (structures, terrain, props) from photo reference and concept.
- Support 3d asset outsource process (gathering reference, creating proxy 3d models)
- Ensure that artists are striving to complete highest priority assignments.
- Work with Production to ensure time estimates are accurate and achievable.
- Collaborate with artists on team to ensure project goals are met.
- Proven ability to setup and define pipelines, processes, and best practices.
- Sets up discipline specific art training and tests for candidates being considered and artists on the team.
- Solid portfolio demonstrating focus and commitment to 3d environment creation.
- A minimum of 5 years developing art for games
- Friendly, helpful, and collaborative in a team based environment.
- Demonstrated modeling skill and experience in a major 3d package.
- Demonstrated ability to create and edit textures in Photoshop.
- Basic understanding of lighting and shader creation.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Awareness of game engine budgets, limits, and memory constraints.
- Basic ability to communicate visually utilizing traditional media.
- Ability to consistently resolve issues from a visual, production, and technical perspective.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world’s largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ – we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Raven Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.