343 Industries, the studio developing Halo games, is looking for a Technical Artist to join our UI team working on the next, big Halo shooter experience. As a Technical Artist, you are central to creating amazing user experiences across activities and devices for one of the most exciting and creative intellectual properties in the industry. If you’re aan enthisuastic, talented and driven artist in this field, this is where you need to be!
This Technical Artist role is expected to support the UI Art team by building and executing internal processes, shaping the design of our UI Tools and pipelines, and by working with other art teams and engineers to create UI features that break outside the lines of 2D art.
Technical Artists must communicate and collaborate strongly with our artists, designers, and engineers—both within and outside of UI—to create complex interfaces and deliver a world class user experience to our consumers. The ideal candidate must be highly effective in ambiguous situations, manage your time effectively and react quickly to changing requirements.
- Work closely with our UI Artists to build internal art processes and guide content creation workflows
- Work with UI content creators to define and execute implementation best practices
- Collaborate with other art teams and engineers to help the UI Art team create inventive and complex experiences.
- Support UI screen implementation and iteration using our UI Toolset within our game engine.
- Work closely with Design, Production, and Developers to iterate on best solutions to UI creation challenges
- 4+ years of experience in Tech Art or UI Art for games
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Expertise in art creation pipelines, workflows, and tools
- Experience in scripting in 2D and 3D software
- Ability to problem solve and think creatively and critically to support content creators
- Game Engine experience, preferably some experience with proprietary engines
- Experience designing workflows/tools and partnering with users and engineers to deliver successful solutions
- Strong technical skills and the ability to quickly grasp new technology, workflows and software
- Fundamental understanding of graphic design principles (typography, layout, grid, hierarchy, color, animation, composition)
- Experience in 3D software like Cinema 4D, Maya, or 3DS Max
- Excellent cross-functional communication skills, both verbal and written
Enthusiasm for and knowledge of games, especially FPS or sci-fi games
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.