Turn 10 Studios has an exciting opportunity for a Technical Lighting Artist to work alongside the team responsible for the top-selling and critically acclaimed Forza Motorsport franchise. This is an important role that provides the ideal candidate with an opportunity to be responsible for the technical implementation of lighting techniques to achieve state of the art game content. You will apply a deep and thorough understanding of lighting techniques and a strong sense of color and mood to execute our challenging visual targets.
- Lighting – set up and burning of offline light maps
- Lighting – set up and visual look of dynamic light sources
- Carry lighting of environment spaces through from pre-production to final polish
- Ensure the integrity of lighting on all assets
- Support lighting needs for all teams
- Work with other teams to resolve lighting-related issues
- Must have 3 years professional experience in a lighting/look development role in games
- Experience with physically-based lighting and shading required
- Experience with IBL lighting, real-world lighting values, and IES profiles
- Experience with Autodesk 3DS Max preferred (experience with other major 3D packages such as Maya or XSI will be considered)
- Experience working with UVs in a game environment required
- Experience with Photoshop
- Experience with offline renderers such as V-Ray, Arnold, or Renderman required
- Demo reel/portfolio must demonstrate a firm understanding of lighting and color theory
- Must be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure
- Experience with HLSL shaders a bonus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.