Wirraka Maya Health Service Aboriginal Corporation is a community controlled Aboriginal health service providing holistic health care to the Aboriginal communities in Port Hedland, South Hedland and surrounding communities.
The role of the Transition to Adulthood Project Officer is to enhance the wellbeing support services provided to clients of Wirraka Maya with the aim of improving health outcomes for Aboriginal youth and young adults in the South Hedland and Port Hedland area.
The successful applicant will have:
- The ability to take direction, determine priorities and manage workloads in order to meet agreed timelines and objectives;
- The ability to work with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and their leaders, respecting traditional culture, values and ways of doing business;
- The ability to work with other health professions and organisations;
- Knowledge of the health, social and emotional wellbeing needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people;
- Good interpersonal, written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to deliver appropriate training and other programs to groups of youth to achieve health outcomes;
- Possession of a current Working with Children Check Card;
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Qualification in the area of health sciences or education or equivalent experience is highly desirable.
Applicants must obtain a copy of the selection criteria and address all criteria. Applications that do not address the selection criteria may not be considered. A copy of the position description and selection criteria may be obtained by calling Human Resources on (08) 9172 0446 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.